Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Reading Responce

In the book I am seal team six warrior. Expplains the struggles that he goes to. As the character faces abuse by his father he finds the way to show no expression. Which makes me think do abused children create tough adults? By doing this he shows that he won't be scared and that he is able to take the pain. But of I were to be abused what it would make le is resent my parents but why didnt he resent his parents? This got me thinking don't tough parents create children who are churlish? By doing this he goes into the seals and training in which he tries to become a sniper

In the story it shows how he can go through the situation without resenting his parents toward hatred. By doing this it makes him because a better person. In which helped him go through the tests. The author did good to put that in the story because it gives the reader on how abuse can go into what the author wanted. On the other hand it wasn't the best way to show his "love". But some parents may think that grounding them may be a "good" lesson. Parents may also think that hitting them may teach them discipline ".

That's why in my opinion the father did good and bad at the same time. Good because he helped him get "discipline" but he also didn't help him because he could've shown affection to his son. By doing this it showed him away to his own life but at the same time many parents shouldn't do this because children need the love of parents no the "discipline" that they show. But also it's a bad idea to do this because being to strict can be bad for strict parents create sneaky kids. I say this because children could think oh well my parents don't care so I can do what I want. This is why some also show love at the end just like in the story .

2 comments:

  1. Freddy- I think this is a very interesting topic. It reminds me of how abuse is a cycle, the abuser was usually abused as a child. I think that maybe the reason that the character does not resent his father is that he doesn't see his father as doing something wrong, he sees himself as doing something wrong, and needing discipline. I think that this may have created the "tough" nature of the character. I think this was a really interesting topic to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an interesting topic.I know what he went through because i have the book as well.It was good that he learned to block out the pain because he need to do that in order to toughen him up.Also i do think that his father should have disciplined him not just beat him.In the end however it did turn out to help him. i do believe however that his dad beat him because his dad had beat him when he was little and he grew up and learned to do the same.Great subject and i know this can relate to the world.

    ReplyDelete